The zifimage sandbox project has been slowly progressing. I have completed the last of the needed modifications to support V5 of the Zoomoify viewer. I am currently bringing the code into compliance with coder and the code review modules. These things are buggy in themselves. A real pain because of their false positives. I'm also removing the debug statements. Since I didn't use an IDE to write the code there are a LOT of them. So many that I may inadvertently add bugs just by taking the debugging out.
All this is a bit annoying but I will get it done.
I can't say the code is fully functional yet. I think I have all the logic down but need to test it. Its use is a bit complex too. If you don know how to use Zoomify then using my module will be very difficult.